Created on Thursday, 21 July 2011 15:03
Contact: Collette DuValle, 317-221-2463
Indianapolis Community Centers Offer Cooling Sites
- Community Alliance for the Far Eastside, 8902 East 38th Street, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Concord Center, 1310 South Meridian Street, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Will extend to 8 p.m.
- Flanner House, 2424 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Street, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Forest Manor, 5603 East 38th Street, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Will extend to 8 p.m.
- John Boner, 2236 East 10th Street, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Martin Luther King Multi Service Center, 40 West 40th Street, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and will extend to 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Mary Rigg Neighborhood Center, 1920 West Morris Street, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Southeast Multi Service Center, 901 Shelby Street, 8 a.m to 5 p.m.
- Salvation Army Eagle Creek, 440 North High School Road, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Salvation Army Fountain Square, 1337 South Shelby, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Elton H. Geshwiler Senior Citizens Center, 602 Main Street, Beech Grove, 8 a.m to 8 p.m., Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Individuals going to the sites are encouraged to contact the Marion County Public Health Department Call Center for current hours of operation for each site, as they may change throughout the week. The Call Center number is 221-2415.