For Immediate Release
September 11, 2013
INDIANAPOLIS – The Marion County Public Health Department reports that some of the debris samples collected from near the warehouse fire on Van Buren St. tested positive for asbestos. The health department checked nearby residential areas after the fire and determined that debris was limited to a small number of homes along the 1300 Block of E. Calhoun St., located just west of the fire site. To help prevent any possible asbestos exposure to residents, the health department will visit the area to properly clean-up and dispose of debris. Residents in the area will receive an information sheet that includes a photo of what the debris looks like and a phone number to call if they discover additional debris. Someone from the Marion County Public Health Department will come out to collect it.
# # #
Media/Public Information Coordinator
317-221-2316 (o) │ 317-525-7450 (c)