- Created on Thursday, 04 August 2011 14:49
Contact: Collette DuValle, 317-221-2463
Health Department Updates Heat Illness Numbers
An additional 6 individuals sought heat related treatment at Indianapolis hospital emergency departments August 3, bringing the total number of patients to 196 since July 18.
The age breakdown for heat related illness emergency department patients:
- 0-4 years 15 total patients
- 5-17 years 33 total patients
- 18-64 years 98 total patients
- 65 and older 47 total patients
The patient numbers originate from 12 Indianapolis hospitals that provide information to the health department.