- Created on Wednesday, 03 August 2011 14:50
Contact: Collette DuValle, 317-221-2463
Health Department Updates Heat Illness Numbers
An additional 20 individuals sought heat related treatment at Indianapolis hospital emergency departments August 1 and 2, bringing the total number of patients to 190 since July 18.
The age breakdown for heat related illness emergency department patients:
- 0-4 years 14 total patients
- 5-17 years 33 total patients
- 18-64 years 95 total patients
- 65 and older 45 total patients
The patient numbers originate from 12 Indianapolis hospitals that provide information to the health department.