- Created on Thursday, 31 July 2008 08:44
Contact: Collette DuValle, 317-373-2391
Health Department Announces Back to School Immunization Schedule
The Marion County Health Department will hold 14 Back to School Immunization Clinics beginning with the Covering Kids and Families Back to School Family Day on August 2. The remaining clinics will be held through Thursday, August 14. Vaccines required for school enrollment will be offered at all clinics.
Immunizations required for school are free for children in grades K-12. Parents and guardians are asked to bring current shot records for their children.
"Vaccines provide protection for the child and those who come in contact with the child. We encourage our families to take the time to make certain their children have all of their current immunizations. If parents or guardians have any questions or concerns we ask them to contact us," said Dr. Virginia A. Caine, director, Marion County Health Department.
The clinic schedule:
- Saturday, August 2 Covering Kids Back to School Family Day Charles A. Tindley School, 3960 Meadows Drive 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Thursday, August 7 Indianapolis Children's Museum 3000 N. Meridian Street 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
The health department will also offer free Back to School Immunization Clinics on Monday, August 11; Tuesday, August 12; Wednesday, August 13; and Thursday, August 14 with expanded hours at the health department's district health offices.
- Marion County Health Department, South District Office 505 E. National Avenue 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Marion County Health Department, Northeast District Office 6042 E. 21st Street 3 p.m. - 7p.m.
- Marion County Health Department, Northwest District Office 6940 North Michigan Road 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Vaccines to be offered include:
- Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis)
- DtaP (diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis)
- IPV (polio)
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
- Varicella (chickenpox)
- Hepatitis B
Anyone with questions can contact the Marion County Health Department at 221-2122.