- Created on Tuesday, 06 March 2012 13:28
Contact: Collette DuValle, 317-373-2391
Video Contest Set to Produce Compelling Tobacco-Free Life Messages
The Marion County Public Health Department is looking for aspiring video producers to create web-styled videos depicting why they are choosing a tobacco free future for the inaugural My Tobacco Free Future video contest. The grand prize winner will have their video played at an Indianapolis movie theatre. Flip cameras will be awarded to the top three videos in each age division.
Open to all Marion County youth, ages 13 to 19, the contest will be split into three categories: Grades 7-8, 9-10, and 11-12.
Entry deadline is May 1.
"Most adults who smoke started when they were teenagers, and the impact of smoking can be devastating. We are so excited to see what our talented teens can create and know these videos will be engaging and inspiring as they tell important stories about a critical public health issue," said Virginia A. Caine, M.D., director, Marion County Public Health Department.
The general public will be able to vote on contest videos. Public votes will count for 25% of the total judging. The remaining 75% will be based on originality (25%), education (25%) and inspiration (25%). Those voting will be eligible for free movie passes.
Complete contest information is available at mytobaccofreefuture.com. The site has contest rules, facts that can be used in the videos and even an example of what entries could look like. Entries must be submitted through mytobaccofreefuture.com and the entry form must be completed.
For additional information, contact the Marion County Public Health Department at 221-2432.