Temporary Changes Announced for Health Department Clinics in Response to COVID-19
- Published on Thursday, 19 March 2020 19:11
For Immediate Release
March 19, 2020
Indianapolis – As part of an ongoing response to COVID-19 in the community, the Marion County Public Health Department is announcing temporary changes to certain clinical services beginning Thursday, March 19.
- District Health Offices of the Marion County Public Health Department will only accept appointments for flu shots and employment-required tuberculosis (TB) testing. Walk-in hours and other Nurse of the Day services will not be offered.
- Dental clinics of the Marion County Public Health Department will schedule care only for patients who are determined to need emergency services.
- Bell Flower Clinic, which provides screening and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases, will only take appointments for symptomatic patients and contacts of syphilis, chlamydia and gonorrhea. Walk-in service is currently not available.
- ACTION Health Center will operate as usual with no reduction of services at this time.
- Vital Records will keep normal business hours, but those seeking documents are encouraged to use the mail service. As a further precaution, visitors to the office are limited to the person making the request. Please call Vital Records at (317) 221-2400 with questions.
“These changes are necessary to protect our residents and our staff from COVID-19 in the community,” said Virginia A. Caine, M.D., director and chief medical officer of the Marion County Public Health Department. “Difficult decisions are being made every day as we take steps to reduce personal contact and slow the spread of this virus that is affecting so many.”
For the updated information on COVID-19, including answers to frequently asked questions, please visit MarionHealth.org .
Other information is available at:
- Indiana State Department of Health – https://www.in.gov/coronavirus/
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – CDC.gov/COVID19
# # #
Media/Public Information Coordinator
317-221-2316 (o) │ 317-525-7450 (c)