Created on Monday, 19 October 2009 13:09
Contact: Collette DuValle, 317-373-2391
At-Risk Group Will be Focus of First Public H1N1 Clinic HealthNet Offering H1N1 Flu Vaccine at Six Sites Saturday
The Marion County Health Department will hold a H1N1 vaccination clinic on Thursday, October 22 at the Lafayette Square Shopping Mall, 3919 Lafayette Road, inside the former Steve and Berry’s retail-clothing store.
The H1N1 vaccine will be provided at no charge.
The vaccination clinic will be held from 8 a.m. until Noon. This clinic is intended for:
- Women who are pregnant
- People who live with or provide care for infants younger than 6 months (parents, siblings and day care providers)
- Health care and emergency medical services personnel with direct patient contact.
- Those ages 6 months to 24 years old
- Persons aged 25 through 64 years who have certain medical conditions that put them at higher risk for influenza-related complications.
“Those not in the at-risk groups are asked to wait for additional H1N1 vaccine to arrive. It is critically important that those in the at-risk group have the opportunity to be vaccinated first,” said Virginia A. Caine, M.D., director, Marion County Health Department. Health department officials will screen those wanting an H1N1 vaccination to ensure they are in the at-risk group.
Individuals coming to the Lafayette Square H1N1 Flu Clinic should be prepared to fill out paperwork and stand in long lines. Those coming to the clinic should follow the direction of informational signage and health department staff.
The clinic will function on a first come, first serve basis and vaccinations will be offered until the end of the clinic or in the unlikely situation where the supply of vaccine is exhausted.
HealthNet to Offer H1N1 and Seasonal Flu Vaccine Saturday
Indianapolis HealthNet’s six community health centers will offer H1N1 and seasonal flu vaccine Saturday, October 24 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
The H1N1 vaccine will be available only for those in the at-risk group. Vaccinations will be given on a first-come, first serve basis.
The HealthNet Clinic sites include:
- Barrington Health Center, 3401 East Raymond Street
- Martindale-Brightwood Health and Dental Center, 2855 North Keystone Ave
- HealthNet Pediatric and Adolescent Care Center, 1633 North Capitol Avenue
- People’s Health and Dental Center, 2340 East 10th Street
- Souotheast Dental and Health Center, 901 Shelby Street
- Southwest Health Center, 2202 West Morris Street
For more information on the HealthNet clinic sites, visit www.indyhealthnet.org