Created on Thursday, 07 February 2008 10:36
Contact: Collette DuValle, 317-373-2391
Health Department Dental Program Celebrates Children’s Dental Health Month
February is Children’s Dental Health Month. The purpose of this national event is to teach children good dental health habits. The Marion County Health Department provides dental health services to children and other eligible county residents at ten dental clinics. Additional outreach education and dental services are provided through the Smile Mobile. For eligibility information and the phone number of the clinic closest to your neighborhood please call call 317-221-2329.
Adults and their children are encouraged to take the following “Dental Health Quiz.” Do you have what it takes to have a winning smile?
- If you brushed after breakfast this morning, give yourself two points.
- If you visited your dentist in the last year, give yourself two points.
- If you had no cavities at your last visit to the dentist, give yourself two points.
- If your toothbrush is less than four months old, give yourself two points.
- If you haven’t had a soda pop, candy bar or other sweet snacks today, give yourself two points.
If you have 8 or 10 points, you have a winning smile!
For information about the Marion County’s dental health program, eligibility information or the phone number of the clinic closest to your neighborhood, please call 317-221-2329.